Any one has the MeeGo OS installed on their N900? Is it working for calls
and Internet access?

f(t)
Re: N900 & MeeGo [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>    A while ago there was an announcement that MeeGo was going to have a kind
> of special support for N900 (I think for developers and power users).
>    I just wanted to know if anyone has any Idea of that progress. I would
> like to have MeeGo completely installed in my N900, before I buy the N0 :-)
>
> Any one has the MeeGo OS installed on their N900? Is it working for calls
> and Internet access?

Hi Francisco,

Last time I tried MeeGo on my N900 a few weeks ago it was completely
unusable for any purpose, even clicking on screen didn't work right.
But that was before DE announcement, and watching some recent Youtube
videos it seems things have improved a lot, or maybe other people have
more skill than me at getting it to work...

Here's video of a recent build of MeeGo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1po23AuXKns

MeeGo 1.2 release should be at the end of April, and I guess the N900
DE version will continue with weekly builds improving upon that 1.2
release base.