--
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1,5 tons." Popular
Mechanics', 1949
Re: Firefox4 no automatic internet connection? [ In reply to ]
On 2 April 2011 09:56, Michael Rösch <maemo@dobiwe.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm quite happy with the new Firefox4 on the n900, while one thing I
> find very unpleasent: I have to build up internet connection manually
> because FF won't initiate this like MicroB or Opera does.
>
> Is there a way to make FF4 behave this way too?

Sorry I do not have an answer to your question.
I just removed FF4 from my N900. It was terribly slow and took a long time
to load.

Regards
Johann
--
May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord! His divine power has given us everything we need for
Re: Firefox4 no automatic internet connection? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 02:37, Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 April 2011 09:56, Michael Rösch <maemo@dobiwe.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm quite happy with the new Firefox4 on the n900, while one thing I
>> find very unpleasent: I have to build up internet connection manually
>> because FF won't initiate this like MicroB or Opera does.
>>
>> Is there a way to make FF4 behave this way too?
>>

> Sorry I do not have an answer to your question.
> I just removed FF4 from my N900.  It was terribly slow and took a long time
> to load.
>
> Regards
> Johann

I had the same issue. In my case it was because of FF Sync. It looks
like the first time takes ages and FF becomes slow as hell.
I removed my Sync credentials and it became quite fast even with
multiple tabs open.
I re-inserted them and let it sync. It was a bit slower, but not so much.

As much as I'd love to stick to FFM as I use it a lot on my desktop, I
think I prefer the internal MicroB or Opera Mobile (it's amazingly
fast and runs on my E7 as well! And also runs, and again fast, even on
the N810 with diablo)

Aniello
Re: Firefox4 no automatic internet connection? [ In reply to ]
Am 02.04.2011 09:56, schrieb Michael Rösch:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm quite happy with the new Firefox4 on the n900, while one thing I
> find very unpleasent: I have to build up internet connection manually
> because FF won't initiate this like MicroB or Opera does.
>
> Is there a way to make FF4 behave this way too?
>
> Cu Michael

Thanks for the tow replies!

I agree, FF4 ist somewhat slower as the stock-browser, but if you
disable the sync as discribed and espacially do not use adblock it is
fairly fast.
I found the ConnectNow-Widget: with it you can quickly switch the
Wifi-Connection via a desktop shotcut, that a quite good workarround I
think-

Have a nice sunday!

CU Michael