Mailing List Archive

Needed guide to install Media Bar
Hi,
Can someone please help me to install Nokia Xpressmusic 5800 Mediabar ported to N900 as i am not into software field but if i can get step by step guide installation would be easier as i didn't find the package in Downloads tab or http://gitorious.org/mediabar/mediabar.
Thanks
Khalid
--
Sent from my Nokia N900 using Nokia Messaging
Re: Needed guide to install Media Bar [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 06:03, khalid.reach@gmail.com
<khalid.reach@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone please help me to install Nokia Xpressmusic 5800 Mediabar ported
> to N900 as i am not into software field but if i can get step by step guide
> installation would be easier as i didn't find the package in Downloads tab
> or http://gitorious.org/mediabar/mediabar.

The application has only just been released. Therefore it is not yet
available in the end-user targetted Downloads (which maps to the
Extras repository, available in Application Manager). The source is in
gitorious, not the package itself.

Some appropriate links:

* http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=68249
* http://maemo.org/packages/view/mediabar/

The latter shows that is currently only available in Extras-devel.
Software in Extras-devel should only be used if you are willing to
risk a reflash. General updates of packages should not be accepted
from Extras-devel if they include updates to software you require to
work.

Once Mohammad is satisfied with the quality, he will promote it to
Extras-testing. Here, less brave users can test the application and
ensure it meets the community's QA standards. Once checked, it will
then end up in Downloads & Extras.

HTH,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/
Maemo Community Council member
Re: Needed guide to install Media Bar [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I will wait for the stable quality
download.

Khalid Khan