happened last time I tested this earlier this year, synchronization
fails. When I try to sync both calendar and contacts (as well as tasks
and notes) it throws an error 10500 and if I try to only sync calendar
or contacts it throws an error 22000. I've tried to open the logs but
SyncEvolution can't fins them (it says...).

Any suggestions?

best,

/Henrik
Re: Trying (again) to set up SyncEvolution with GooSync [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been relying on NuevaSync for syncing my N900 with my Google
> contacts and calendar which has been working fine. Now, Nueva has
> decided to discontinue its free service and since I already have a
> GooSync account I figured I'll try to get that to work. But, as
> happened last time I tested this earlier this year, synchronization
> fails. When I try to sync both calendar and contacts (as well as tasks
> and notes) it throws an error 10500 and if I try to only sync calendar
> or contacts it throws an error 22000. I've tried to open the logs but
> SyncEvolution can't fins them (it says...).

I tried to sync using the CLI for syncevolution an I managed to sync
my calendar after first overwriting the local calendar with the online
one. Trying the same with the addressbook unfortunately only resultet
in my local contacts got deleted. Doing

$ syncevolution --status <profile> addressbook

exits with the message "Comparison was not possible."

Anyone?

/Henrik
Re: Trying (again) to set up SyncEvolution with GooSync [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been relying on NuevaSync for syncing my N900 with my Google
>> contacts and calendar which has been working fine. Now, Nueva has
>> decided to discontinue its free service and since I already have a
>> GooSync account I figured I'll try to get that to work. But, as
>> happened last time I tested this earlier this year, synchronization
>> fails. When I try to sync both calendar and contacts (as well as tasks
>> and notes) it throws an error 10500 and if I try to only sync calendar
>> or contacts it throws an error 22000. I've tried to open the logs but
>> SyncEvolution can't fins them (it says...).
>>
> I tried to sync using the CLI for syncevolution an I managed to sync
> my calendar after first overwriting the local calendar with the online
> one. Trying the same with the addressbook unfortunately only resultet
> in my local contacts got deleted. Doing
>
> $ syncevolution --status <profile> addressbook
>
> exits with the message "Comparison was not possible."

I actually got it to work now. The trick was to delete all local data
and then run syncevolution from the CLI:

$ syncevolution --sync slow <profile>

I haven't tried with the GUI app (first time I did I ended up having
to re-delete everything and start all over again - it might be
different now and it might be that I've missed some pref) but I'm
quite happy running it like this from command line.

I seem to remember that there was some discussion here (back when I
was on my N810) about running something like cron on Maemo. Is that
possible? I would love to automate my syncing.

best,

/Henrik