Hi all

I would want to display the content of my N810 tablet through a video
projector.

I have succeeded to connect to the video projector via USB but the
tablet does not show anything !

How can I order it to send its display to the videoprojector ?

Do I need to install another X server thant Xomap ?

Thanks by advance for your help
Re: Displaying the content of a N810 tablet with a video projector [ In reply to ]
Hi Didier,

COURTAUD Didier wrote:
> I would want to display the content of my N810 tablet through a video
> projector.
>
> I have succeeded to connect to the video projector via USB but the
> tablet does not show anything !
>
> How can I order it to send its display to the videoprojector ?
>
> Do I need to install another X server thant Xomap ?

I know we had a set-up to do this at the Maemo Summit in 2008. Eric
Warnke might be able to help you with some pointers if he's still about?

I was sure I had see a HOWTO about doing this in the wiki, but it
appears not.

Can someone help document this here, please, so that we can get it
documented in the wiki too?

Thanks!
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster
Email: dneary@maemo.org

Re: Displaying the content of a N810 tablet with a video projector [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Dave Neary <dneary@maemo.org> wrote:
> Hi Didier,
>
> COURTAUD Didier wrote:
>> I would want to display the content of my N810 tablet through a video
>> projector.

[snip]

> I know we had a set-up to do this at the Maemo Summit in 2008. Eric
> Warnke might be able to help you with some pointers if he's still about?

At Maemo Summit 2008, Nokia had brought along one or more N800s
running custom software that supported a USB-to-VGA adapter. So far as
I know, Nokia has never released the binaries or code.

The following thread on talk.maemo.org contains information on what
members of the community managed to put together for USB-to-VGA:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=19566

-stephen
Re: Displaying the content of a N810 tablet with a video projector [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM, COURTAUD Didier <didier.courtaud@cea.fr> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would want to display the content of my N810 tablet through a video
> projector.

Could you consider installing x11vnc on the tablet, and then
connecting with vncviewer over usb networking?

--
Ville M. Vainio @@ Forum Nokia