Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred
http://www.thevertigo.com
Re: Low Volume [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 01:07 -0400, Yuri Klubakov wrote:
> Have you tried changing "System sounds" level under Sounds/General in
> Control panel?

Hey Yuri. I tried that and made sure the Master volume was all the way
up and the system sounds were at Level 2. No noticeable change. =(

Re: Low Volume [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Kip Warner <kip@thevertigo.com> wrote:

> Hey Yuri. I tried that and made sure the Master volume was all the way
> up and the system sounds were at Level 2. No noticeable change. =(

stupid advice, but have you tried "alsamixer -c 0" ?

--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl - Yahoo: patolaaa
Re: Low Volume [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 04:45 -0200, Cláudio Sampaio wrote:
> stupid advice, but have you tried "alsamixer -c 0" ?

Hey, have to start somewhere. I would like to try alsamixer, but I don't
have the binary installed. As I understand it, it should be with
alsa-utils package, but that package apt can't find. Is there a
repository I should be using?

Re: Low Volume [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 04:45 -0200, Cláudio Sampaio wrote:
> stupid advice, but have you tried "alsamixer -c 0" ?

So the party came and went that I was using my N810 for a jukebox. Even
with the N810's volume all the way up and, get this, the external amp /
speakers all the way up to the max, it was still quiet.