Thanks & Regards,
Avinash Joshi

Web: http://avinashjoshi.co.in
Re: N900 EDGE [ In reply to ]
Hi,

actually this is the first time I've seen GPRS mentioned as 2.5G.
2G on data plans usually stands for GPRS while 2.5G stands for EDGE.
EDGE is based on GPRS utilizing several channels at the same time.
So don't worry, 2.5G is indeed EDGE.

It's just called 2.5 G because it's a 2G technology being faster than
regular 2G.
The G is not a factor or unit but 2G simply stands for 2nd generation
(GSM) while 3G stands for 3rd generation (UMTS).
Likewise, HSDPA on 3G which is faster than regular UMTS is called 3.5G.

Regards,
Martin

Re: N900 EDGE [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thanks a bunch for replying and explaining me the actual difference. Now I can happily continue browsing on EDGE.

Thanks again :)

--
Sent from my Nokia N900