Mailing List Archive

Telepathy Mission Control - Account keeps disconnecting from custom connection in harmattan
I have cross-posted this question from dev.nokia forum because I didn't
get any response. Apologies in advance.

I've created a custom telepathy connection manager in my application to
integrate with harmattan's contacts application. Once the integration is
in place, users should see a "Call via Vicar | Cell" in the contact page
similar to SIP account(s). This custom connection manager is working
fine in fremantle/N900. I am trying to get this to work in harmattan.

The telepathy account is created through a postinst script on
application installation. I have setup the key account properties
ConnectAutomatically as true, HasBeenOnline as true while creating the
account (a copy of telepathy-ring properties actually). I am using
command below to force mission control to reconnect the account to my
connection for testing, but the account gets connected and disconnected
immediately.

dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/vicar/tel/vicar0 org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Account.Reconnect

Here is the dbus-monitor output --> http://pastebin.com/u7d0kn1f

The account status is connected at COMMENT LINE 1 and it immediately
changes to disconnected at COMMENT LINE 2 in the log. This process
repeats on an on. I don't see any error in the syslog.

Appreciate any help in troubleshooting this issue.
Re: Telepathy Mission Control - Account keeps disconnecting from custom connection in harmattan [ In reply to ]
Hi!

As far as I understood from the explanation you changes presence to online
and then your connection manager starts to emit error disconnected signal.
Apparently you should debug your connection manager and find
reason why it disconnects.

Thanks, Daniil

Re: Telepathy Mission Control - Account keeps disconnecting from custom connection in harmattan [ In reply to ]
Hi Daniil,

Thanks for your response.I have been debugging my ConnectionManager and
Connection code for a while with no success.

This is the sequence of events that happen when I execute the DBus Command
manually(or when mission control automatically attempts to connect to my
connection manager):

dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply
--dest=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager
/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/vicar/tel/vicar0 org.
freedesktop.Telepathy.Account.Reconnect

1) The telepathy client (mission control in this case) calls
ConnectionManager::RequestConnection() method.
2) My connection manager creates a connection object, registers the object
on D-Bus, Emits NewConnection signal
3) Mission control calls Connection::HoldHandles()
4) Mission control calls Connection::Connect()
5) My connection changes the status to Connected and emits StatusChanged
signal.
6) Mission control emits AccountPropertyChanged signal with connection
object path set to "/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/vicar/tel/vicar"
and ConnectionStatus set to 0 (Connected).
7) Immediately after this I see in the dbus-monitor output that mission
control emits AccountPropertyChanged sign with connection object path set
to "/" and ConnectionStatus set to 2 (Disconnected).

After step 6, the Connection object status remains as Connected (set in my
code) but client-side account status changes to Disconnected [1].
Apparently, something is happening between steps 6 and 7 that causes
mission control (client) to disconnect from the Connection. From the debug
messages I added to each of my methods I can confirm that none of my
methods are called between 6 and 7. And as I said earlier, step 7 does not
happen in Fremantle with the same code. You can look at my
ConnectionManager [2] and Connection [3] code.

I requested "Cellular" privilege in my aegis manifesto. Running accli -I
<pid> command shows my application binary has same privileges as
"telepathy-ring" and "mission-control-5".

I wanted to install the debug package for mission control to get more
details but the package is not "yet" available for harmattan PR1.1. Is
there anything else I can do to debug this issue?

[1] - http://pastebin.com/utZXFwdK
[2] - http://pastebin.com/EWgV88JJ
[3] - http://pastebin.com/9DAsFDw4

Thanks,