Mailing List Archive

libconnui-dev-0.1 and operator-name-cbs-widget-0.1 updated, testers wanted (and help wanted with gconf and gtk)
I have uploaded new versions of libconnui-dev and operator-name-cbs-widget.
The new version of operator-name-cbs-widget should more closely match the
stock widget in terms of what operator name it displays.
You can get the source and .deb files for both at
http://www.cncmods.net/files/libconnui-dev-0.1.zip
http://www.cncmods.net/files/libconnui-dev_0.1_all.deb
http://www.cncmods.net/files/operator-name-cbs-widget-0.1.zip
http://www.cncmods.net/files/operator-name-cbs-widget_0.1_armel.deb

operator-name-cbs-widget will require libconnui-dev to compile.

To install libconnui-dev, you need to copy libconnui.so.0.0.0 and
libconnui_cell.so.0.0.0 from your phone into the /usr/lib of your
scratchbox target.

To use it, just pass libconnui-dev to pkg-config to get the right
include/lib paths and libraries.
Then #include <libconnui.h> in your code.

What I am looking for is for people willing to install and test
operator-name-cbs-widget and report back with any issues (e.g. if it fails
to display an operator name when it should or if it displays the wrong
operator name or if its displaying a bogus cell tower name or if its
causing hildon-home to crash).

I am also looking for someone who can help me with gconf and gtk to
implement some options in the dummy control panel (and matching code in the
widget). Specifically I need a checkbox to make the logging optional (i.e.
all of the fopen/fprintf/fclose calls in operator-name-cbs-widget.c) and
another checkbox to make the cell broadcast SMS display optional (not sure
exactly what the best place to insert that code is)