The stock operator widget uses calls to Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info
and Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name to get the correct service provider
but I cant find any info on what those dbus calls do or return.

Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
At Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:49:42 +0800,
Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> The stock operator widget uses calls to Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info
> and Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name to get the correct service provider
> but I cant find any info on what those dbus calls do or return.

I guess you tried eavesdropping. What kind of problems did you have?
Could you capture the traffic, but not decode the output? Could you
post the traffic here. May be someone could help you.

Neal
Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
I run
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
--dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM
Phone.Sim.get_service_provider_name
and get
string "TPG"
uint32 0
uint32 0
int32 0
I run
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
--dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM
Phone.Sim.get_service_provider_info
and get
array [
]
int32 1003

Problem is, there is no information available as to what the parameters are
(other than the operator name obviously)
Hence why I need information.

Perhaps if other people post the output from running the same commands, it
might make it easier to figure out what we are looking at.
That or someone needs to reverse engineer libconnui_cellular.so :)
Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> I am trying to find out how to get the proper operator name as displayed by
> the home widget.
>
> I know about Phone.Net.operator_name_change and Phone.Net.get_operator_name
> and the other Phone.Net calls but that returns the actual operator (in my
> case "YES OPTUS") and not the service provider (in my case its "TPG")
>
> The stock operator widget uses calls to Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info
> and Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name to get the correct service provider
> but I cant find any info on what those dbus calls do or return.

At Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:38:41 +0800,
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> I run
> dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
> --dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM
> Phone.Sim.get_service_provider_name
> and get
> string "TPG"
> uint32 0
> uint32 0
> int32 0

I pay blau (my operator?) who just is a reseller for the eplus network
(my service provider?).

string "blau"
uint32 0
uint32 0
int32 0

This is what is shown my the home widget.

> I run
> dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
> --dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM
> Phone.Sim.get_service_provider_info
> and get
> array [
> ]
> int32 1003

array [
]
int32 1003

> Problem is, there is no information available as to what the parameters are
> (other than the operator name obviously)
> Hence why I need information.
>
> Perhaps if other people post the output from running the same commands, it
> might make it easier to figure out what we are looking at.
> That or someone needs to reverse engineer libconnui_cellular.so :)

My suggestion was to eavesdrop on what the plug-in is doing. You
could just eaves drop on the whole system bus and then grep of the
strings you are looking for. I have a few weeks worth of such logs
and I found one relevant reference:

method call sender=:1.33 -> dest=com.nokia.phone.net serial=293
path=/com/nokia/phone/net; interface=Phone.Net;
member=get_operator_name
byte 0
uint32 3
uint32 262
method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.33 reply_serial=293
string "E-Plus"
int32 0

HTH,

Neal
Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
> My suggestion was to eavesdrop on what the plug-in is doing. You
> could just eaves drop on the whole system bus and then grep of the
> strings you are looking for. I have a few weeks worth of such logs
> and I found one relevant reference:
I already know what the plugin is doing, it uses some combination of
Phone.Net.get_operator_name, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info and
Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and possibly other things to decide
what operator name to display.

What I dont know is how it actually does that and decides what operator
name to display because the Phone.SIM dbus calls are undocumented.

If I could figure out how the Phone.SIM dbus calls work (or better yet how
to call various functions in libconnui.so & libconnui_cellular.so) I could
make this work.

Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
here is another result:

get_service_provider_name
method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.209 reply_serial=2
string "o2 - de"
uint32 0
uint32 0
int32 0
get_service_provider_info
method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.210 reply_serial=2
array [
byte 98
byte 242
byte 112
byte 0
]
int32 0
country 262
operator 7
NET_NITZ_FULL_OPER_NAME
method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.212 reply_serial=2
string ""
int32 1000
NET_HARDCODED_LATIN_OPER_NAME
method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.213 reply_serial=2
string "o2 - de"
int32 0

This is from a o2 prepaid card
Service provider is o2 the original operator name widget shows "o2 - de" in
the statusbar
your operator-name-cbs-widget shows the same but twice o2 - de o2 - de :-)
Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
2011/11/4 Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au>

> This is from a o2 prepaid card
>> Service provider is o2 the original operator name widget shows "o2 - de"
>> in
>> the statusbar
>> your operator-name-cbs-widget shows the same but twice o2 - de o2 - de :-)
>>
> ok, looks like I have a bug to fix then. I think I should be able to
> figure out whats going on by feeding the results from your test through the
> operator name selection algorithim I have in my plugin.
>
> Were you on your home network at the time those results were gathered?

Yes.

> Can you run this command
> dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.phone.net/com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.get_registration_
> **status
> and give me the results?

on GSM
dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest=com.nokia.phone.net/com/nokia/phone/net
Phone.Net.get_registration_status
method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.266 reply_serial=2
byte 0
uint16 10101
uint32 41047
uint32 7
uint32 262
byte 0
byte 3
int32 0

on 3G
dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest=com.nokia.phone.net/com/nokia/phone/net
Phone.Net.get_registration_status
method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.277 reply_serial=2
byte 0
uint16 11528
uint32 7390079
uint32 7
uint32 262
byte 0
byte 11
int32 0
Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
2011/11/17 Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au>

> Can you install
> http://www.cncmods.net/files/**operator-name-cbs-widget_0.1_**armel.deb<http://www.cncmods.net/files/operator-name-cbs-widget_0.1_armel.deb>(a new version I just uploaded).
> Then after installing it, open the control panel widget and select "Name
> Logging Enabled", then restart the phone. (do all this whilst connected to
> whatever network caused the double operator name to be displayed by the
> older version of my widget)
> It should create a /home/user/namelog.log file. Send me this file and I
> can use it to see exactly what path through the operator name set logic
> your particular setup is taking and I can figure out whats being done
> differently to the stock operator name widget and fix it.

20:45:52 Start Operator Name
20:45:52 state->operator_name o2 - de
20:45:52 priv->operator_name
20:45:52 operator o2 - de
20:45:52 oper o2 - de
20:45:52 code 98 2 7
20:45:52 service provider name get
20:45:52 service provider name network match o2 - de type 0
20:45:52 service provider name fail match
20:45:52 set operator name o2 - de o2 - de
Re: looking for info from Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info, Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name and getting the proper operator name [ In reply to ]
2011/11/18 Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au>

> Thanks for the info. After adding some missing exclamation marks (which
> were missing due to my limited understanding of ARM conditions and jumps),
> I have uploaded a new version that should fix your problem.
>
> Can you download the new version of http://www.cncmods.net/files/**
> operator-name-cbs-widget_0.1_**armel.deb<http://www.cncmods.net/files/operator-name-cbs-widget_0.1_armel.deb>I just uploaded and verify that you don't get the double operator name
> anymore?
> Assuming you dont, I will then proceed to put this up for inclusion in the
> repos and hopefully also in the CSSU.

verified, it is working now!

But, we need someone who looks over the debian package install scripts.
I am not that good in packaging and at the moment this package remove script
always leaves the package in an inconsistent state.
Everytime I remove and try to reinstall this package, I have to make some
manually modifications (/usr/lib/libsms.so.0.0.0 vanishes, I don't know why)

nicolai