how to control the backlight in Harmattan 1.2
Greetings;

I wonder if there are any APIs to control the backlight mode in Harmattan
1.2.

I found a Qt class called QSystemDisplayInfo that is used to GET the
backlight status only not change it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Re: how to control the backlight in Harmattan 1.2 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 16:09, ibrahim.ali <ibrahim.ali@asgatech.com> wrote:

> I wonder if there are any APIs to control the backlight mode in Harmattan
> 1.2.
>
> I found a Qt class called QSystemDisplayInfo that is used to GET the
> backlight status only not change it.

What do you want to do? You can use a ScreenSaver element in QML to
prevent the backlight dimming and the screen locking:

http://apidocs.meego.com/1.2/qtmobility/qml-screensaver.html

Alternatively, the same GConf keys as Fremantle are used for
controlling the brightness. So, in Bedside, which features a "dim to
dark" feature I just directly invoke gconftool-2:

https://gitorious.org/jaffas-playground/bedside/blobs/master/backlightcontrol.h

The above code is licensed under the Artistic License, so feel free to
reuse as appropriate.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

--