Mailing List Archive

Is anyone developing and SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ?
Nigel D Pallett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone developing an SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ?

Both dropbear and openssh run out of the box on ARM platforms, so I
don't see a reason why it should be different for the 770. I haven't
seen a terminal app yet, but rxvt or gnome-terminal should work on the
770 after crosscompiling.

regards,

Koen
Is anyone developing and SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

there's the original and trustworthy openssh ;)

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo/ossw/o/openssh/

Currently there is no special frontend for ssh so ssh client have to be
used through for example xterm. Maybe some special frontend could be
useful but I don't think that anyone is developing one.

-Kuisma

Is anyone developing and SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ? [ In reply to ]
Thank you to everyone who has replied to my question about the ssh
client for Maemo/Nokia 770

The command line openssh client will be fine for my remote support
requirements.

Can't wait to get a 770 - perfect for my needs !!

If I can contribute anything to Maemo developent I will be happy to do so.

Time to get my head into the dev kit & tutorials !! :)

Thanks again,
Nigel.

Is anyone developing and SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ? [ In reply to ]
ext Nigel D Pallett wrote:
> Is anyone developing an SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ?

xterm + openssh? Both work on it already.
Something like PuTTY should be trivial to port also if you want to do
away with xterm.

/lauri
Is anyone developing and SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 26, 2005, Johan Hedberg wrote:
> We actually already have an xterm application which has been used
> internally for testing and development on the 770. It's a "hildonized"
> version of os-cilations Terminal application (xterminal debian package,
> http://terminal.os-cillation.com/) with the xfce dependencies removed.

Sorry, should have checked that address before posting it. The right
address is:
http://www.os-cilation.com/article.php?sid=40

Also, it seems xterminal package is not part of debian, IIRC I
downloaded the package somewhere from os-cilation.com.

Johan
Is anyone developing and SSH client for Maemo/Nokia 770 ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 26, 2005, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Both dropbear and openssh run out of the box on ARM platforms, so I
> don't see a reason why it should be different for the 770. I haven't
> seen a terminal app yet, but rxvt or gnome-terminal should work on the
> 770 after crosscompiling.

We actually already have an xterm application which has been used
internally for testing and development on the 770. It's a "hildonized"
version of os-cilations Terminal application (xterminal debian package,
http://terminal.os-cillation.com/) with the xfce dependencies removed.

I'll try to see if we could get in uploaded to maemo.org.

Johan