and the reality of tomorrow. Fax: 0271-771091-19
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904] florian.boor@kernelconcepts.de

6C 44 30 4C 43 20 6B 61 16 07 0F AA E6 97 70 A8
Bluetooth OBEX interface [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 18, 2005, Florian Boor wrote:
> Do we have any part of this in Maemo? If not - are there any plans to introduce
> something like this or is someone working on this?

We have osso-gwobex (I'm not sure if it's part of maemo yet, but at
least it's licenced under LGPL). gwobex is a higher level abstraction
library on top of openobex. Currently it supports only client side
functionality (File Transfer and Object Push). E.g. our GnomeVFS OBEX
module uses this library.

The idea is that you would ask btcond (from osso-gwconnect package; not
sure if that is part of maemo yet either) for the RFCOMM device node to
use using D-BUS and then pass that device to gwobex. There are two
method calls provided by btcond for this: rfcomm_connect and
rfcomm_disconnect (com.nokia.btcond service, com.nokia.btcond.request
interface).

Johan
Bluetooth OBEX interface [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Johan Hedberg wrote:

> We have osso-gwobex (I'm not sure if it's part of maemo yet, but at
> least it's licenced under LGPL). gwobex is a higher level abstraction
> library on top of openobex. Currently it supports only client side
> functionality (File Transfer and Object Push). E.g. our GnomeVFS OBEX
> module uses this library.

Very nice, this sounds useful...

> The idea is that you would ask btcond (from osso-gwconnect package; not
> sure if that is part of maemo yet either) for the RFCOMM device node to
> use using D-BUS and then pass that device to gwobex. There are two
> method calls provided by btcond for this: rfcomm_connect and
> rfcomm_disconnect (com.nokia.btcond service, com.nokia.btcond.request
> interface).

I don't think these tools are included at the moment, but i hope someone feels
responsible for this task now :-) It would be really nice to have a simple and
documented interface to use OBEX from applications directly. But the GnomeVFS
OBEX module could be useful for this task too.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday Florian Boor
is the hope of today Tel: 0271-771091-14