Mailing List Archive

Up for Maemo Council membership
So I might step forward then.

My introduction:

Hi, I am juiceme and I am running for Maemo Community Council.

Many of you might already know that I have been Maemo Council member for
the previous period. I thought hard about stepping forward for
re-election, but I might still have something to give for the community,
even as I'd like to see new people join up.

My spark into joining maemo.org came when I purchased a N9 device, my
first linux-based mobile phone. Previously I had owned Symbian devices
since early nineties but I never did any SWDEV on those as my interests
were on big iron. N9 was the first small embedded device that had the
same tools I was used to working with so naturally I was delighted on
the possibilities it offered.

My current daily driver is the Jolla device (I got mine on the very
Launching Gala last november, it's the device #240 )

I have pre-ordered the Neo900, and am eagerly anticipating it

I have degrees in EE & ME, and some university courses in Math before
dropping out due to having not enough time to do family/work/university
simultaneously
My current occupation is in SW development for Telecommunication Systems
at Nokia. (This is the real Nokia I am talking about, nothing to do with
Microsoft) Previously I have done RF design, HW design and Test System
design. I have worked in this industry for about 2 decades.

My passion is Free Software, Libre software even, and I am known to be
fairly vocal FS advocate on my workplace. I use exclusively Linux/Unix
variants in my work and on my own time, and am known for pestering
people to drop proprietary/legacy OS'es and switch to Linux.

My SW skills include c, python, test automation and tool creation. I
like kernel work and prefer to use console over any GUI's. Usually my
first take at anything is to write a bash script

- Juice -

Up for Maemo Council membership [ In reply to ]
So I might step forward then.

My introduction:

Hi, I am juiceme and I am running for Maemo Community Council.
I have been part of the community here for relatively short time, just
17 months. That is not a long time in a human life but surely enough to
fit into a community centered around common intrests.

My spark into joining maemo.org came when I purchased a N9 device, my
first linux-based mobile phone. Previously I had owned Symbian devices
since early nineties but I never did any SWDEV on those as my intrests
were on big iron. N9 was the first small embedded device that had the
same tools I was used to working with so naturally I was delighted on
the possibilities it offered.

I have degrees in EE & ME, and some university courses in Math before
dropping out
My current occupation is SW development for Telecommunication Systems,
and I have previously done RF design, HW design and Test System design
in previous jobs. I have worked in this industry for about 2 decades.
My passion is Free Software, and I am known t be fairly vocal FS

--
- Juice -