Mailing List Archive

Nominating Andrew Flagg for Hildon Foundation Board of Directors
Per the massive bait he's laid out for me on Twitter, I'd like to nominate Andrew Flegg (Jaffa) for the Hildon Foundation Board of Directors election.
For those of you unfamiliar with his body of work, Andrew has been involved with Maemo since the beginning with the release of the 770 in 2005 (there's a funny story involving his 770 delivery, stairs, and an injured ankle). He is the originator of the Community Council concept and the primary architect of its formation. He has served several terms on the council, including a term during maemo.org's transformation into the site you see today. He created and designed MWKN and is the main party responsible for bringing it to you each week.
In short Andrew is one of the luminaries of the Maemo Community. His insight into the issues an open source community faces are invaluable. He is supremely competent and always pleasure to work with. I cannot recommend anyone more highly for the board than Jaffa.
Re: Nominating Andrew Flagg for Hildon Foundation Board of Directors [ In reply to ]
fort he convenience of those who don't allow their mailer to display html
mail, here the fullquote:

On Sat 15 June 2013 00:08:09 rabelg5@gmail.com wrote:
> Per the massive bait he's laid out for me on Twitter, I'd like to nominate
> Andrew Flegg (Jaffa) for the Hildon Foundation Board of Directors
> election.
>
> For those of you unfamiliar with his body of work, Andrew has been
> involved with Maemo since the beginning with the release of the 770 in
> 2005 (there's a funny story involving his 770 delivery, stairs, and an
> injured ankle). He is the originator of the Community Council concept and
> the primary architect of its formation. He has served several terms on the
> council, including a term during maemo.org's transformation into the site
> you see today. He created and designed MWKN and is the main party
> responsible for bringing it to you each week.

And now my personal statement:
INCREDIBLE, if jaffa actually accepts. I already had asked him since he's been
one of the two or three persons I would favor most to see in either council or
board.
Oh yes pleeeease!
Jaffa, make the good old times come back. A board with you and GA and Woody, I
can't figure anything better suited to put HiFo back on rails, to stop all this
irritation we recently seen and to give the community a bright perspective.
Just hurry please to accept your nomination!

cheers
jOERG