Mailing List Archive

[maemo2midgard] maemo.org and Midgard
Hello,

We have conducted a study on migrating/integrating all existing services
of maemo.org with the Midgard CMS [1] framework. Based on the study we
have decided to go ahead and setup the new environment.

The highlights of the project are:
-centralized account management using Garage
-on-line documentation authoring using Midgard
-proper and robust access control
-automated API generating/publishing
-database based Application Catalogue ;)

There are areas, like improvement to the error management tool
(bugzilla) or a complete site face-lift which we will not cover this
time, but we might working on these right after this project.

The project also aims to modularize and contribute back to GForge the
current garage hacks we made. These are the tag cloud, the
Debian-maintainer account registration parts, or the new bounty
plugin [2]. The Midgard project will also benefit (hopefully :) from
some of the work we will do.

During the migration we will move all content from the "old site",
including the wiki docs. You will not need to worry about your wiki
account's either.

Our progress can be followed at:
http://test.maemo.org or
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo2midgard

There is practically no content or usable services yet, but we will make
regular announcements on the list. Estimated time of project completion
is at the end of November.

Regards on behalf of the project team,
Ferenc

[1] http://www.midgard-project.org/