Mailing List Archive

maemo 1.1 release candidate coming next week
Hello,

We are happy to announce that a release candidate for maemo 1.1 is due
to be published next week. It has been long enough to be "quite quiet",
so let's see what will we have in the coming release:

* Rootstraps have many components upgraded over maemo 1.0 and some
also added. This means that this release will offer developers the same
essential libraries and components which are featured on the Nokia 770.

* The maemo developer root filesystem, which gives the developer a
friendly and small rootfs with features like ssh/IP over USB/root
access/package DB etc. It does not contain: closed applications like
Opera or Nokia applications

* Linux Flasher tool to flash new product software (or developer rootfs)
* Scripts and processes for creating custom rootfs and rootstrap
* New additions to documentation
* Hildon User Interface Style Guide

But we have something for today as well:

* LXR: browse cross referenced source code
http://maemo.org/lxr/

* viewcvs: for the subversion repositories
https://stage.maemo.org/viewcvs.cgi/
(username: guest, password: guest)

Have a nice weekend and stay tuned!

the maemo team