Intelligenti pauca - Few words suffice for he who understands.

PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK:
Available at ftp://lava.obsidian.co.za/pub/keys/guyspubkey
Re: Odd problem [ In reply to ]
rolyaT yuG wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Help you can help. I've got LVS running with a win2k realserver.
>
> I went through the archives and got the win2k relaserver loopback working.
> If I telnet into that VIP (I'm using DR) on port 80 Everything works fine.
> But if I try and connect through a web browser I' dont get any response back, just a page not found error
>
> Any idea whats going on?

Not really. At this stage I'd start doing sanity checks. When you connect
from the client is the MAC address for the VIP from the director or the W2K
box?

Joe

mailto:mack.joseph@epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA
Re: Odd problem [ In reply to ]
Err, OK, without sounding stupid, how do I test the mac for the VIP from a windows client box??

The Gods Previously Read:
> rolyaT yuG wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Help you can help. I've got LVS running with a win2k realserver.
> >
> > I went through the archives and got the win2k relaserver loopback working.
> > If I telnet into that VIP (I'm using DR) on port 80 Everything works fine.
> > But if I try and connect through a web browser I' dont get any response back, just a page not found error
> >
> > Any idea whats going on?
>
> Not really. At this stage I'd start doing sanity checks. When you connect
> from the client is the MAC address for the VIP from the director or the W2K
> box?
>
> Joe
>
> --
> Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
> contractor to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
> mailto:mack.joseph@epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA

Guy Taylor
Obsidian Systems
Cell: 083 357 3438
E-mail: guy@obsidian.co.za

Re: Odd problem [ In reply to ]
rolyaT yuG wrote:

> Err, OK, without sounding stupid, how do I test the mac for the VIP from a windows client box??

hmm. don't know. does

#arp -a

work?

If not can you find a unix client?

The most likely thing to go wrong in your situation
is that you haven't solved the "arp problem". Look
in the HOWTO for details here.

Re: Odd problem [ In reply to ]
Many Thanks, the problem was in fact with the web server...

Me not knowing anything about IIS had to hack around a bit to get it to work..

The Gods Previously Read:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, rolyaT yuG wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Help you can help. I've got LVS running with a win2k realserver.
> >
> > I went through the archives and got the win2k relaserver loopback working.
> > If I telnet into that VIP (I'm using DR) on port 80 Everything works fine.
> > But if I try and connect through a web browser I' dont get any response back, just a page not found error
>
> How is the http server configured? Since the connection seems to be
> correctly directed I suppose the prob is with the web server. Did you
> configure a virtual server for the VIP? If not that's possibly the prob
>
> > Any idea whats going on?
>
> That's my wild guess :)
>
> Ciao!!!
>
> Claudio Di Martino claudio@unige.it

Guy Taylor
Obsidian Systems
Cell: 083 357 3438
E-mail: guy@obsidian.co.za

Re: Odd problem [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, rolyaT yuG wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Help you can help. I've got LVS running with a win2k realserver.
>
> I went through the archives and got the win2k relaserver loopback working.
> If I telnet into that VIP (I'm using DR) on port 80 Everything works fine.
> But if I try and connect through a web browser I' dont get any response back, just a page not found error

How is the http server configured? Since the connection seems to be
correctly directed I suppose the prob is with the web server. Did you
configure a virtual server for the VIP? If not that's possibly the prob

> Any idea whats going on?

That's my wild guess :)

Ciao!!!

Claudio Di Martino claudio@unige.it
Unsolicited and/or junk e-mail to this address isn't accepted