How does one delete the masquerading entries associated with a particular real server IMMEDIATELY after it has been removed by "ipvsadm -d" option. We found that the masquerading entries are being retained until they timeout.
Thanks in advance

Aditya, Anmol, Phani
Re: Masquerading Entries and IPVSADM [ In reply to ]
kini@vsnl.com wrote:

> How does one delete the masquerading entries associated with a particular

Can you put carriage returns in your mail please?
This is all I see of your mail.

You can change the values of the timeouts, but the timeouts
are a part of the design. I would change the way I was using
LVS before I'd fiddle with this stuff which is a layer or
two below.

Joe

mailto:mack.joseph@epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA
Re: Masquerading Entries and IPVSADM [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 kini@vsnl.com wrote:

> Hi all!!
>
> How does one delete the masquerading entries associated with a
> particular real server IMMEDIATELY after it has been removed by "ipvsadm
> -d" option. We found that the masquerading entries are being retained
> until they timeout.

You are right, they are not deleted. The only problem is that
they occupy memory in the director. Any other problems? The traffic
for them is stopped. If you add the same real server before the
connections expire, they can continue.

Why do you need they to expire immediately? Only to clear the
director's memory?

> Thanks in advance
>
> Aditya, Anmol, Phani

Regards