Mailing List Archive

Kernel 2.4: LSV 0.2.1
> ChangeLog of IP Virtual Server Netfilter module for Linux kernel 2.4
>
> IP Virtual Server Netfilter module - Version 0.2.1 - January 15, 2001
>
> Changes:
[...]
> * Added the related Config.in and Makefiles. You can compile
> ipvs within the kernel after copying those files manually.

*Where* do I copy them?

Do I make a ipvs directory in linux/net?

A *little* more infor would be nice ;-)
Re: Kernel 2.4: LSV 0.2.1 [ In reply to ]
Ørnulf Nielsen wrote:

> > ChangeLog of IP Virtual Server Netfilter module for Linux kernel 2.4
> >
> > IP Virtual Server Netfilter module - Version 0.2.1 - January 15, 2001
> >
> > Changes:
> [...]
> > * Added the related Config.in and Makefiles. You can compile
> > ipvs within the kernel after copying those files manually.
>
> *Where* do I copy them?
>
> Do I make a ipvs directory in linux/net?

It's not clear to me either.

here's what I did

1. director:/usr/src/linux# mv ../ipvs-0.2.1/ipvs net/ipv4

2. director:/usr/src/linux# cp ../ipvs-0.2.1/linux_net_Makefile net/Makefile

3. director:/usr/src/linux# cp ../ipvs-0.2.1/linux_net_ipv4_Config.in
net/ipv4/Config.in

4. director:/usr/src/linux# patch -p1
<../ipvs-0.2.1/linux-2.4.0_kernel_ksyms_c.diff

That got make menuconfig to work.

There are 2 Makefiles in net/ipv4/ipvs: Makefile and
linux_net_ipv4_ipvs_Makefile.

It appears that the first (the default) builds
ipvs as a netfilter module, the second builds it (presumably) like the 2.2.x
modules.
I didn't realise that there were two development trees for 2.4.0

Wensong:

1. can you clarify this last point and put something in the tar ball
about this?

2. can you ship a .config file (for the top level of the linux
build) in the tar ball, that has all the options for ipvs turned on (eg aliases,
tunnelling,
transparent proxy, i.e. the stuff in the mini-HOWTO etc)
and leave all the other stuff in its default state.

Joe

mailto:mack.joseph@epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA