THe 2.4 code is also faster like router but: what tio do with LVS??
i have a good two node HA lvs load balancer that are runnig very well.
I would like to upgrade them to solve definitively th ebad problem of the
lvs port on the linux box itself, and with the iptables rules
(PRE/POSTrouting this is possbile) but i see that it is not owrking.
Why? there is soemthing on the config ?? am i misunderstandig the
situation??

thanks for any help
Re: 2.4 an LVS,what to do?? (was 2.4 LVS-NAT config question) [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Mailing Manager wrote:

> Hi all,
> i'm testing the latest 2.4.0-ac9 kernel an i'm very happy.
> THe web servers on the internal net, and every machines whitout filtering
> rules are really faster than before.
> THe 2.4 code is also faster like router but: what tio do with LVS??
> i have a good two node HA lvs load balancer that are runnig very well.
> I would like to upgrade them to solve definitively th ebad problem of the
> lvs port on the linux box itself, and with the iptables rules
> (PRE/POSTrouting this is possbile) but i see that it is not owrking.
> Why? there is soemthing on the config ?? am i misunderstandig the
> situation??

LVS can't work with any NAT code in netfilter. Don't go in
production. You can feed two boxes with LVS for Linux 2.2! Don't search
for bugs in netfilter for this problem. You can still select NAT
forwarding method but without defining any iptables/ipchains rules. If
you don't load any netfilter modules LVS can handle successfully the
address translation. In the next LVS versions the things will change,
all we hope.

> thanks for any help

Regards

--