When the default gw on the real-servers is changed to the
director's default gw in a one network VS-NAT by icmp redirects,
I see the changes in the routing table with route -C.
The routes added by icmp go away after several minutes.

Is this a timeout? Can I flush the kernel routing table?
Where do I find this info if you weren't around?

Joe

mailto:mack.joseph@epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA
Re: kernel routing cache timeout Was: setup question / default gateways [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:

> Julian,
>
> When the default gw on the real-servers is changed to the
> director's default gw in a one network VS-NAT by icmp redirects,
> I see the changes in the routing table with route -C.
> The routes added by icmp go away after several minutes.

Yes, looking in the sources it seems a temporary entry in the
routing cache is created. May be the timeouts from
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_* are used but they are well encrypted
in the sources :)

> Is this a timeout? Can I flush the kernel routing table?

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/flush
or
ip route flush cache

> Where do I find this info if you weren't around?

Here is some info from the author:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=91754108723334&w=2

> Joe

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
Re: kernel routing cache timeout Was: setup question / default gateways [ In reply to ]
Hi Julian,
Thanks.
BTW e-mail reply to you just failed.

Joe