the manufacturer(s).

Regards,

Ivan
Re: Clustered disks and LVS [ In reply to ]
On 2001-01-15T20:18:39,
Ivan Figueredo <idf@weewannabe.com> said:

> Has anyone used a "clustered disk" with LVS? If so, can someone point me to
> the manufacturer(s).

Please tell us what are you talking about ;-)

If you are referring to shared storage, you can have a look at
http://www.globalfilesystem.org/.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl
Re: Clustered disks and LVS [ In reply to ]
Lars,

Thanks - this is what I was referring to, but I am equally interested in
hardware. I am looking at http://www.storcase.com/dsilo/default.asp?ml=0.

Just wondering if these would work with LVS/GFS, or if anyone has experience
with other shared storage hardware to use with LVS.

Ivan

Re: Clustered disks and LVS [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Ivan Figueredo wrote:

> Has anyone used a "clustered disk" with LVS? If so, can someone point me to
> the manufacturer(s).

We use a Network Appliance NetFiler 720, 200 Gigs of RAID-5 mounted over
NFS. This box screams and I HIGHLY recommend it. Cost $36,000

Dell also has NAS (Network Area Storage) and SAN (Storage Attached Network
??) options on their web site.

emc^2 (www.emc.com) has a new box which competes with the NetFiler as well

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division Email: matthew@crocker.com
Crocker Communications Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710 Fax: (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710 http://www.crocker.com