a hardware based load balancer stack up to to LVS?

Curious,
Robert Carroll
Re: Services [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Robert Carroll wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone used LVS for load balancing other services besides
> WWW. Like Qmail, or ftp?

it's worked for all services tried, eg realaudio, squid. They all work.
Joe
--
Joseph Mack mack@ncifcrf.gov
Re: Services [ In reply to ]
Joseph Mack wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Robert Carroll wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone used LVS for load balancing other services besides
> > WWW. Like Qmail, or ftp?
>
> it's worked for all services tried, eg realaudio, squid. They all work.
> Joe

Does it work with snmp daemon too ? i have tried without success. Anyone
got it working?

i just want to use the lvs NAT capabilities to redirect snmp queries to
one server inside my network. i think that should be no problem to LVS
to handle that. Any help will be welcome.

Thanx in advance,

Guilherme VĂȘnere
Network Administration
RadiumSystems.com

@> Open source,
/( )\ with no walls or fences,
^^ who needs Windows and Gates?
Re: Services [ In reply to ]
> Does it work with snmp daemon too ? i have tried without success. Anyone
> got it working?

I haven't tried it but I certainly will work. It's just UDP 161.

> i just want to use the lvs NAT capabilities to redirect snmp queries to
> one server inside my network. i think that should be no problem to LVS
> to handle that. Any help will be welcome.

Could you please explain me why you would want to loadbalancer snmp queries?
Well, if you do them persistent, I could possibly see a reason behind it.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@tPacA.cMh | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`
Re: Services [ In reply to ]
Guilherme VĂȘnere wrote:

> Does it work with snmp daemon too ? i have tried without success. Anyone
> got it working?

Don't know. Is SNMP a single port service? If so it should work. If it requires
multiple ports or makes call backs then you'll have to think a bit. It still
should be do-able.

Joe

mailto:mack.joseph@epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA