Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] Piranha Project

Re: [lvs-users] Piranha Project [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 06:58:53PM +0100, Charles Williams wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I recently found myself in need of a LVS and HA web gui for our
> clusters/balancers here to help ease some of our less expierenced
> admins. I can't say that I was impressed with the options out there.
> However, the Piranha Project (no longer active) does offer a starting
> point for what I would like to see.

Did you look at keepalived? Piranha was retired because it is showing
its age and there are better alternatives. Aside from having a
PHP-based web UI, did you see any advantage to using piranha?

> Basically the LVS support that Piranha already has with added support
> for Linux HA (corosyn, pacemaker, heartbeat). If there anyone out
> there would be interested in such a project let me know. I have
> already pulled the last alpha release RPM's that RH released and built
> a rough debian package.

What are you looking to do with piranha and corosync, pacemaker, etc?

Ryan

Re: [lvs-users] [Pacemaker] Piranha Project [ In reply to ]

Re: [lvs-users] [Pacemaker] Piranha Project [ In reply to ]
I know it's not nearly as polished a solution, but have you tried using something like webmin to manage lvs and HA? I have some custom scripts and commands that I have setup in webmin under the custom commands section. This keeps non-linux admins away from shell access. My documents have them login to webmin with a less than priveledged webmin user that can only see custom commands.

Not the most polished like I said, but certainly works. Webmin does have a module for managing heartbeat.