In one real server (server A: 192.168.0.111), the reply-packets'
source IP address are the Real server IP(192.168.0.111).
but in the other real server (server B: 192.168.0.112), the
reply-packets' source IP address are the Virtual server IP(192.168.0.250).

I was wondering that, what settings induced that? If I want to
achieve case B , how to set them?

thanks,
para
Re: [lvs-users] In DR mode, source IP address of real servers' reply packets are different [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Monday, February 25, 2013 11:32:54 AM feng zheng wrote:
> hi ,dear all
> I met one problem of LVS DR mode issue last day.
> All packets could be received by the LVS Director, and be directed to
> Real Servers. But when Real Server replying, I used "tcpdump" to check the
> pakcets and found there are some differences with the source IP address of
> the rely-packets.
> In one real server (server A: 192.168.0.111), the reply-packets'
> source IP address are the Real server IP(192.168.0.111).
> but in the other real server (server B: 192.168.0.112), the
> reply-packets' source IP address are the Virtual server IP(192.168.0.250).
>
> I was wondering that, what settings induced that? If I want to
> achieve case B , how to set them?
>
> thanks,
> para

Have you resolved the ARP problem on the real servers? Have a look at
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/arp.html for a number of solutions to
the problem.

Re: [lvs-users] In DR mode, source IP address of real servers' reply packets are different [ In reply to ]

> Have you resolved the ARP problem on the real servers? Have a look at
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/arp.html for a number of solutions to
> the problem.

I would bet that the loopback/arptables method would reply as the VIP,
and the iptables REDIRECT method would reply as the RIP...

But I'd be interested to know for certain, as I've often wondered if
it could be controlled....

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.
Phone: +44 (0)870 443 8779
http://www.loadbalancer.org/

Re: [lvs-users] In DR mode, source IP address of real servers' reply packets are different [ In reply to ]