Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] Introducing: lvsm - a shell to manage LVS and iptables config
Hello list,

During the last few years I've been using LVS in various production
envrionments, and found that some tasks could be made simpler by writing a
wrapper.

So, I've written a shell (in the style of CRM Shell or CISCO IOS) that aims to
simplify some commands and day-to-day management of and LVS cluster. Hopefully
some of you will also find this a useful tool.

The shell is written in Python and assumes nothing except that you have
ipvsadm and iptables installed. Though it can handle ldirector, and I'm hoping
to provide keepalived support as well.

Documentation and Source code are available here:
https://github.com/khosrow/lvsm

Comments and code contributions are welcome.

PS. I noticed that there's already a tool called LVSM on the wiki
(http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/LVSM) but that code hasn't been updated
for 12 years, so I haven't changed project names.

have a nice day,
--
Khosrow

Re: [lvs-users] Introducing: lvsm - a shell to manage LVS and iptables config [ In reply to ]
Interesting.
Thank you.

2013/2/21 Khosrow Ebrahimpour <khosrow.ebrahimpour@ssc-spc.gc.ca>

> Hello list,
>
> During the last few years I've been using LVS in various production
> envrionments, and found that some tasks could be made simpler by writing a
> wrapper.
>
> So, I've written a shell (in the style of CRM Shell or CISCO IOS) that
> aims to
> simplify some commands and day-to-day management of and LVS cluster.
> Hopefully
> some of you will also find this a useful tool.
>
> The shell is written in Python and assumes nothing except that you have
> ipvsadm and iptables installed. Though it can handle ldirector, and I'm
> hoping
> to provide keepalived support as well.
>
> Documentation and Source code are available here:
> https://github.com/khosrow/lvsm
>
> Comments and code contributions are welcome.
>
> PS. I noticed that there's already a tool called LVSM on the wiki
> (http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/LVSM) but that code hasn't been
> updated
> for 12 years, so I haven't changed project names.
>

> have a nice day,
> --
> Khosrow

Viacheslav Biriukov