Wiktor Wodecki

Unix-Administration
Wodecki@wapme-systems.de
Re: ooops on debian with 2.2.17 [ In reply to ]
yay, that's typicall...forgot to attach the files. Here we go now

--
Wiktor Wodecki
Unix-Administration
Re: ooops on debian with 2.2.17 [ In reply to ]
Hi Wiktor,

> debugged oops messages (bzip2'd, I think you mind getting a 200kb
> mail:-)) maybe some of you can help me. I also tried this on the other

You bzip2'd it, so it isn't that big.

> machines, with the same results. Even older kernel version (2.2.15 and
> 2.2.16 tested) crashed with the aproperiate patches. However, one of
> those machines didn't crash on boot but instantly after typing one of
> two commands into it - not any better.

Indeed, I've never seen such a funny trace but I don't read
traces that often. Could you please give us more information
about the used modutils and binutils? How did you invoke ksymoops?
Could you also provide your .config?

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

BTW: Looking at the trace I don't think lvs is the only problem you
have. You have by far more fundamental problems ;)

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@tPacA.cMh | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`
Re: ooops on debian with 2.2.17 [ In reply to ]
ratz wrote:
> Indeed, I've never seen such a funny trace but I don't read
> traces that often. Could you please give us more information
> about the used modutils and binutils? How did you invoke ksymoops?
> Could you also provide your .config?

I use binutils standard debian package version 2.9.5.0.37-1 and modutils
2.3.11-10. I also patched the kernel with the kmsgdump patch to save the
oops output on a floppy. Afterwards I ran it through ksymoops with the
approperiate parameters for vmlinux and the modules. I know ksymoops
gives error about them, but these were the files I used to boot (I can't
run ksymoops with the kernel running, since it wont boot).

> BTW: Looking at the trace I don't think lvs is the only problem you
> have. You have by far more fundamental problems ;)

uhm, everything works okay if I disable lvs in kernel...but I also
looked at the trace and understand what you mean :-))

Wiktor Wodecki
Unix-Administration
Wodecki@wapme-systems.de
Re: ooops on debian with 2.2.17 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Wiktor Wodecki wrote:

> CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_VS_TAB_BITS=4096

This is an invalid value. Use 14 bits for example. 4096 bits
kills the kernel.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>