the boost attribute? Currently, just a Hash is returned.

On another note, I'm ready to start contributing to solr-ruby. I'd
like to start with the documentation... I've created a JIRA ticket
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-473) for this under
clients-ruby-flare (there is no component for solr-ruby). My plan is
to post an svn diff to this ticket with my updates. Any guidance
that you can give in this process would be appreciated.

-Chris Kline
Re: solr-ruby - Retrieving document boost values from query [ In reply to ]
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, in terms of Lucene, document boost value always returns 1
at query time.
See the following getBoost() method Javadoc:

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/org/apache/lucene/document/Document.html

regards,

Koji

Re: solr-ruby - Retrieving document boost values from query [ In reply to ]
Thanks Koji... I think I'll just create a field for the boost value
and update that field whenever I update the document.

-Chris

On Feb 6, 2008, at 4:48 PM, Koji Sekiguchi wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Unfortunately, in terms of Lucene, document boost value always
> returns 1 at query time.
> See the following getBoost() method Javadoc:
>
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/org/
> apache/lucene/document/Document.html
>
> regards,
>
> Koji
>
> Chris Kline wrote:
>> I need to be able to see the boost values for existing solr
>> documents. I've been able to set the boost values upon creation,
>> but I'm not sure how to view those values from a query. Is there
>> a way I can have a query return Solr::Dcoument objects so that I
>> can access the boost attribute? Currently, just a Hash is returned.
>>
>> On another note, I'm ready to start contributing to solr-ruby.
>> I'd like to start with the documentation... I've created a JIRA
>> ticket (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-473) for this
>> under clients-ruby-flare (there is no component for solr-ruby).
>> My plan is to post an svn diff to this ticket with my updates.
>> Any guidance that you can give in this process would be appreciated.
>>
>> -Chris Kline

-Chris

We're hiring engineers. $10,007 reward for referrals we hire.