Mailing List Archive

DirectIODirectory experiences?
I'm curious to know about folks' experiences with DirectIODirectory.
In theory direct IO seems like it would be a good default choice for
merges -- and good (non-default) even for segment flushes for
write-heavy, read-light use cases. But I don't see it used as a
default anywhere, and have found little evidence/reports of its use in
practice.

Is anyone using DirectIODirectory? Has anyone considered it and
decided against using it? Is the dire class-javadoc warning
("<b>WARNING</b>: this code is very new and quite easily could contain
horrible bugs.") still applicable? Are there pros/cons worth
mentioning?

Thanks in advance for any perspective you can share!
Michael