Mailing List Archive

[VOTE] Lucene logo contest
Dear Lucene and Solr developers!

In February a contest was started to design a new logo for Lucene [1]. That
contest concluded, and I am now (admittedly a little late!) calling a vote.

The entries are labeled as follows:

A. Submitted by Dustin Haver [2]

B. Submitted by Stamatis Zampetakis [3] Note that this has several
variants. Within the linked entry there are 7 patterns and 7 color
palettes. Any vote for B should contain the pattern number, like B1 or B3.
If a B variant wins, we will have a followup vote on the color palette.

C. The current Lucene logo [4]

Please vote for one of the three (or nine depending on your perspective!)
above choices. Note that anyone in the Lucene+Solr community is invited to
express their opinion, though only Lucene+Solr PMC cast binding votes
(indicate non-binding votes in your reply, please). This vote will close
one week from today, Mon, June 22, 2020.

Thanks!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9221
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12999548/Screen%20Shot%202020-04-10%20at%208.29.32%20AM.png
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12997768/zabetak-1-7.pdf
[4] https://lucene.apache.org/theme/images/lucene/lucene_logo_green_300.png
Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
C. The current Lucene logo [4]

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
A is nice and modern... but I still like the current logo better, so
for me it's "C".

Dawid

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
A is cleaner and more modern but C is a lot friendlier and "warmer" (and
less pretentious).
Depending on what the logo is expected to convey, A or C.

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
C. The current Lucene logo

--
Steve

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
From the comments, I sense some confusion, (or perhaps I was confused)...
at least as I read the vote mail, there are 3 options and 4 links, the
first link doesn't appear to be presented as an option, but rather as
background info. (and if you scroll down has several variations, the last
of which is A.

http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)
Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
C. The current Lucene logo

Committer, not PMC

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
C - current logo

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
C - current logo
not PMC

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
non-PMC

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
A, clean and modern.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 6:08 PM Ryan Ernst <ryan@iernst.net> wrote:

> Dear Lucene and Solr developers!
>
> In February a contest was started to design a new logo for Lucene [1].
> That contest concluded, and I am now (admittedly a little late!) calling a
> vote.
>
> The entries are labeled as follows:
>
> A. Submitted by Dustin Haver [2]
>
> B. Submitted by Stamatis Zampetakis [3] Note that this has several
> variants. Within the linked entry there are 7 patterns and 7 color
> palettes. Any vote for B should contain the pattern number, like B1 or B3.
> If a B variant wins, we will have a followup vote on the color palette.
>
> C. The current Lucene logo [4]
>
> Please vote for one of the three (or nine depending on your perspective!)
> above choices. Note that anyone in the Lucene+Solr community is invited to
> express their opinion, though only Lucene+Solr PMC cast binding votes
> (indicate non-binding votes in your reply, please). This vote will close
> one week from today, Mon, June 22, 2020.
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9221
> [2]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12999548/Screen%20Shot%202020-04-10%20at%208.29.32%20AM.png
> [3]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12997768/zabetak-1-7.pdf
> [4]
> https://lucene.apache.org/theme/images/lucene/lucene_logo_green_300.png

--
Sent from Gmail for IPhone
Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
Option "A"

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
A. Definitely.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn telefoon

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
PMC vote: option A

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
Hello,-
i would like to just say that i produced
3 more designs last Feb but forgot to
submit them.

I will need to look for where they are in
my office. I drew them on my post-its and
lot of folks liked them.

Can there be some extension to this voting process please? I know this might confuse
folks voting but i just wanted to share those
designs before final decision is made.

Best regards

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
PMC vote: option C (current)

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
Change is good :)

I vote Option A (binding PMC vote).

Thank you to all the open-source artists who helped out here.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
C. Current one

I guess waiting for a decent logo is better than any of these options.

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]

non-PMC

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
I vote option A (PMC vote)

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
A. Non-PMC.

--
Ian.

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan,-

 That sounds awesome, i found my designs and i am so excited. Even if i
dont win, it is amazing to submit designs.

Best regards

Re: [VOTE] Lucene logo contest [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan,-

 I very much appreciate this oppurtunity to submit my designs.

Best regards

1 2  View All