Best,
Stamatis

[1]
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/ConstantScoreQuery.java
[2]
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/1d238c844e45f088a942aec14750c186c7a66d92/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/BooleanQuery.java#L253
[3]
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/1d238c844e45f088a942aec14750c186c7a66d92/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/BoostQuery.java#L97
Re: Use custom score in ConstantScoreQuery [ In reply to ]
Small reminder. Any input on this?

Thanks,
Stamatis

Re: Use custom score in ConstantScoreQuery [ In reply to ]
Hi Stamatis,

I personally like the current way things work. If we added the ability
to set a custom score on ConstantScoreQuery, then we'd end up with two
ways to do the same thing, which I like to avoid whenever possible.

--
Adrien

Re: Use custom score in ConstantScoreQuery [ In reply to ]
Thanks for you reply Adrien!
Can you clarify what is the second way?
At the moment I haven't found a way (apart from creating my own Query
classes) to say that a query will always return a score of 0.5 for each
document.

Re: Use custom score in ConstantScoreQuery [ In reply to ]
By wrapping the constant score query inside a BoostQuery?

That’s how elasticsearch handles boosts on arbitrary queries, for example.

Aditya Varun Chadha | http://www.adichad.com | +49 (0) 152 25914008 (M)
RE: Use custom score in ConstantScoreQuery [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Just add a BoostQuery with a boost factor of 0.5 around the ConstantScoreQuery. It's just one line more in your code. I don't understand why we would need separate query classes for this.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Use custom score in ConstantScoreQuery [ In reply to ]
Many thanks for the replies.

Intuitively, I was hoping that this could be done with a single query class
especially since ConstantScoreQuery seems to be made for that. I've seen
the pattern of wrapping a BoostQuery around a ConstantScoreQuery but this
seemed to me like a workaround. Anyways, I understand that finally this is
a well adopted pattern so I am not going to insist more on this.

Best,
Stamatis