Mailing List Archive

Queries involving AND don't seem to work properly
Hi, I'm using RC1 and it seems that queries such as

"KeywordThatIKnowIsNotIndexed AND KeywordThatIsIndexed" is queried, the results act as if I specified OR instead of AND and I get all matches to KeywordThatIsIndexed instead of getting no results as I expected to see.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff
Re: Queries involving AND don't seem to work properly [ In reply to ]
Perhaps upgrade to rc2? I don't see this using rc2.
Against an index of books by author,

kkkkkk AND bloch returns 0 hits, as expected.
kkkkkk OR bloch returns lots of hits, as expected.

As suggested before on this list, it might help if you posted a
bit of code to demonstrate the problem.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk