Mailing List Archive

Integration with Struts
Hi,

I don't know much about Struts, but it seems like a web app framework using
taglibs. I don't know if anyone has created a search based functionality
using Taglibs for Lucene, but it is definitely doable.

Otherwise, Lucene is a Java based Text Search API that integrates well with
other Java applications.

You might want to look at the SearchBean in the lucene-sandbox/contributions
area for a start toward creating a unified frontend.

--Peter

Re: Integration with Struts [ In reply to ]
Thanks Peter,

We've used Struts and Expresso for our application. As you suggested,
SearchBean would be a good starting point to look at integrating Lucene with
it.

Another thing. Our application requires search capability to search .rtf,
.doc and .pdf files as well. Does this feature already exist?

Kindly advice.

Regards,
Rakesh.
www.ayilliath.8m.com