Mailing List Archive

Keywords
How do I do a search on a keyword field ? I am using the Query object with a SimpleAnalyzer, and it's parsing my keyword into terms, which I don't want.
Re: Keywords [ In reply to ]
My initial post may have been a little confusing. Here's my situation. I
have a keyword field stored in a Lucene index. It is not tokenized, as it's
a keyword field. But, when I go to run a search against this keyword field,
it seems to be tokenizing the search string.

String searchString = "T0001-001 M"

myQuery = QueryParser.parse ( searchString,
"FieldDocumentNumber", simpleAnalyzer ) ;
hits = indexSearcher.search ( myQuery ) ;

How do I do a search on a keyword field ? Is there another search method to
use for this purpose, other than the one that I am using here ?