Mailing List Archive

indexing ANY files (jpeg, real audio, mp3.. ect.. )
Concerning indexing different formats..

I have been working at a way to search image files, for color, or contrast,
or warmth..

I am thinking of basically of creating a 'dictionary'.. Yes I am some what
green to this type of work, but i fugure its a start... I want to be able to
search for red, and get back results ordered by the amount of red.. or
search for contrast.. ect..

I am just starting work on indexing real audio files.. The idea of being
able to search through http://www.thisamericanlife.org/ show archive, or
http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/dx/ searching through dave emory programs for
text, while a daunting task, seems to be invaluable..

i found..
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pindex/
and http://sourceforge.net/projects/audioindexing/ does anyone know of any
others.. ?

Regards,
Ian Forsyth

Re: indexing ANY files (jpeg, real audio, mp3.. ect.. ) [ In reply to ]