Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Lucene in Action [ In reply to ]
I would also note that Solr is a great way to start learning Lucene since a
lot of the underlying Lucene concepts are visible in Solr and eventually a
lot of Lucene users will end up having to re-invent features that Solr adds
to Lucene, anyway.

Maybe when I finish covering Solr in my e-book I'll start diving into
coverage of Lucene as well. The original book idea did include covering both
Lucene and Solr, but that deal fell through and I decided to stick with Solr
as my initial focus.

Actually, I've already had some thoughts about adding some chapters on a
deeper dive into underlying Lucene concepts for Solr users, such as the
structure of Query objects and tokenization and token filtering, mostly
since advanced Solr users run into issues there, but those areas are
difficult for Lucene users as well.

My e-book:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-2/ebook/product-21099700.html

-- Jack Krupansky