parsed by the QueryParser. I've also tried just adding Term objects to a
query myself and it has the same affect. Thanks for any help.

Jonathan Franzone

Re: Using the term "C/C++" in queries [ In reply to ]
>Has anyone had any experience/problems with using "C/C++" in Lucene queries?
>When I do a query using that as a term I get back a bunch of records that do
>not contain the term. The resulting query ends up being like: +(+c/c++) when
>parsed by the QueryParser. I've also tried just adding Term objects to a
>query myself and it has the same affect. Thanks for any help.

If you're using any of the basic analyzers, the / and + terms will be
dropped in tokenization. If you want to search for terms like C++, you'll
need a tokenizer that treats + as a letter.

--
Brian Goetz
Quiotix Corporation

http://www.quiotix.com

RE: Using the term "C/C++" in queries [ In reply to ]

I'm actually using a WhitespaceAnalyzer and WhitespaceTokenizer that I
wrote. It parses terms on, of course, whitespace. Is there a way to get a
list of the tokens that are generated after indexing?

>Has anyone had any experience/problems with using "C/C++" in Lucene
queries?
>When I do a query using that as a term I get back a bunch of records that
do
>not contain the term. The resulting query ends up being like: +(+c/c++)
when
>parsed by the QueryParser. I've also tried just adding Term objects to a
>query myself and it has the same affect. Thanks for any help.

If you're using any of the basic analyzers, the / and + terms will be
dropped in tokenization. If you want to search for terms like C++, you'll
need a tokenizer that treats + as a letter.

--
Brian Goetz
Quiotix Corporation
brian@quiotix.com Tel: 650-843-1300 Fax: 650-324-8032