Hi,

Since the discussion on bumping the Lucene main branch to Java 21 is winding down, let's hold a vote on this important change.

Once bumped, the next major release of Lucene (whenever that will be) will require a version of Java greater than or equal to Java 21.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (and allow some additional time for the weekend) i.e. until 2024-02-28 12:00 UTC.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

-Chris.
Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
Here is my +1

Uwe

Am 23.02.2024 um 12:24 schrieb Chris Hegarty:
> Hi,
>
> Since the discussion on bumping the Lucene main branch to Java 21 is winding down, let's hold a vote on this important change.
>
> Once bumped, the next major release of Lucene (whenever that will be) will require a version of Java greater than or equal to Java 21.
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (and allow some additional time for the weekend) i.e. until 2024-02-28 12:00 UTC.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here is my +1
>
> -Chris.

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 12:54?PM Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> Here is my +1
>
> Uwe
>
> Am 23.02.2024 um 12:24 schrieb Chris Hegarty:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since the discussion on bumping the Lucene main branch to Java 21 is winding down, let's hold a vote on this important change.
> >
> > Once bumped, the next major release of Lucene (whenever that will be) will require a version of Java greater than or equal to Java 21.
> >
> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (and allow some additional time for the weekend) i.e. until 2024-02-28 12:00 UTC.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here is my +1
> >
> > -Chris.

> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Adrien

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 3:24?AM Chris Hegarty
<christopher.hegarty@elastic.co.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since the discussion on bumping the Lucene main branch to Java 21 is
> winding down, let's hold a vote on this important change.
>
> Once bumped, the next major release of Lucene (whenever that will be) will
> require a version of Java greater than or equal to Java 21.
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (and allow some additional
> time for the weekend) i.e. until 2024-02-28 12:00 UTC.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here is my +1
>
> -Chris.

Anshum Gupta
Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
I'm fine with this requirement.

+1.

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 12:24?PM Chris Hegarty

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
SGTM!

+1

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 at 11:24, Chris Hegarty

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

Jan

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

- Houston

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1, exciting!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 6:24?AM Chris Hegarty

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

this vote has passed.

I wanted to wait for Chris to merge the PR, but due to heavy working on
main removing ByteBufferIndexInput and updating Java versions, I
accidentally pushed the wrong branch to main, so it is already merged.
The PRwas closed manually.

Lucene "main" (10.0) is now on Java 21.

Sorry, Chris - my fault!

Re: [Vote] Bump the Lucene main branch to Java 21 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> On 29 Feb 2024, at 11:38, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> this vote has passed.

I was about to send a note about this, but you beat me to it! ;-) The substantive point is that the vote passed - Awesome!

> I wanted to wait for Chris to merge the PR, but due to heavy working on main removing ByteBufferIndexInput and updating Java versions, I accidentally pushed the wrong branch to main, so it is already merged. The PRwas closed manually.
>
> Lucene "main" (10.0) is now on Java 21.
>
> Sorry, Chris - my fault!

Apology not needed. Thank you, the the other contributors on that PR, so much for getting this done. I’m super happy with the outcome.

-Chris.