You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-9.10.0-RC1-rev-695c0ac84508438302cd346a812cfa2fdc5a10df

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2024-02-17 20:00 UTC.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

--
Adrien
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1
SUCCESS! [0:39:49.675498]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (non-binding)

SUCCESS! [1:07:28.351509]

Xugang
https://www.amazingkoala.com.cn/

Stefan Vodita <stefan.vodita@gmail.com> ?2024?2?15??? 05:08???

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1.
SUCCESS! [2:43:47.883753]

I've only ran the smoke tester.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I ran the default smoke tester with Java 11 and Java 17 on Policeman
Jenkins; all looks fine:
https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Release-Tester/32/console

SUCCESS! [1:04:45.740708]

I only have one problem. Now that Java 21 LTS is out and more an more
people use it, it would be good to also run the smoke tester with Java
21. I tried that locally by just passing the home dir of java 21 instead
of Java 17, but that failed due to some check in smoker.

I will work this evening on patching Smoke tester to also allow it to
pass Java 21. Maybe the best would be to pass multiple Java versions as
comma spearated list, just the default one must be Java 11 (the
baseline). This would allo me to spin Policeman Jenkins with Java 11,
Java 17, Java 19, Java 20, Java 21 and Java 22-rc1. Takes a while but
would make sure all works in the officially MR-JAR supported relaeses + LTS.

What do you think.

I will give my +1 later when I checked the options and also looked into
the downloaded artifacts.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [0:50:52.035790]

Jan

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

My Python knowledge is too limited to fix the build script to allow to
test the smoker with arbitrary JAVA_HOME dircetories next to the
baseline (Java 11). With lots of copypaste I can make it run on Java 21
in addition to 17, but that looks like too unflexible.

Mike McCandless: If you could help me to make it more flexible, it would
be good. I can open an issue, but if you have an easy solution. I think
of the following:

* JAVA_HOME must run be Java 11 (in 9.x)
* At moment you can pass "--test-java17 <dir>", but this one is also
checked to be really java 17 (by parsing strings from its version
output), but I'd like to pass "--test-alternative-java <dir>"
multiple times and it would just run all those as part of smoking,
maxbe the version number can be extracted to be printed out.

To me this is a hopeless task with Python.

Uwe

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 9:54?AM Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Python knowledge is too limited to fix the build script to allow to test the smoker with arbitrary JAVA_HOME dircetories next to the baseline (Java 11). With lots of copypaste I can make it run on Java 21 in addition to 17, but that looks like too unflexible.
>
> Mike McCandless: If you could help me to make it more flexible, it would be good. I can open an issue, but if you have an easy solution. I think of the following:
>
> JAVA_HOME must run be Java 11 (in 9.x)
> At moment you can pass "--test-java17 <dir>", but this one is also checked to be really java 17 (by parsing strings from its version output), but I'd like to pass "--test-alternative-java <dir>" multiple times and it would just run all those as part of smoking, maxbe the version number can be extracted to be printed out.
>
> To me this is a hopeless task with Python.
>
> Uwe
>
> Am 15.02.2024 um 12:50 schrieb Uwe Schindler:

I opened https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/13107 as I have
struggles with the smoketester java 21 support too. Java is moving
faster these days, we should make it easier to maintain the script.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [1:22:54.621515]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [0:44:04.729177]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I used Stefan Vodita's Hack to make the Smoketester run on a large list
of JDKs: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/13108

See the console of running Java 11, Java 17, Java 19, Java 20, Java 21.
Due to limitations of Gradle I wasn't able to do the smoker checks on
Java 22 release candidate, but as there are no changes to 9.x branch I
assume that everything also works in Java 22. If anybody else has time
to run a test project with Java 22 using mmap and vectors it would be great!

Log file: https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Release-Tester-v2/3/console

Result was:

SUCCESS! [2:42:55.968473]

Here is my +1 (binding).

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 SUCCESS! [1:14:49.683559]

-Chris.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [0:19:57.370204]

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com