do it ? Any concerns/drawbacks ?

Thank you!

Mark
Re: Is ARM64 supported ? [ In reply to ]
Hi, yes it is supported, given that there is a java virtual machine for
them.

--
Vincenzo D'Amore
Re: Is ARM64 supported ? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 16:51, Vincenzo D'Amore <v.damore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, yes it is supported, given that there is a java virtual machine for
> them.

Thanks for your answer, Vincenzo!

The Java/JVM is clear!
My doubts are with any native code usage.

For now my only real confirmation that ARM64 is supported is via
Elasticsearch. Since ES supports Linux ARM64, Lucene should be fine too.

Re: Is ARM64 supported ? [ In reply to ]
Lucene core doesn't use native code, only Java APIs. So if the JVM is
available for your platform, it should work just fine (if it doesn't,
it's a JVM/ vendor bug). You can always scan the source repository to
peek around.

D.

Re: Is ARM64 supported ? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 at 14:54, Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lucene core doesn't use native code, only Java APIs. So if the JVM is
> available for your platform, it should work just fine (if it doesn't,
> it's a JVM/ vendor bug). You can always scan the source repository to
> peek around.

Thank you, Dawid!
Have a great one!