Blocker
* All patches that are intended for the branch should first be committed
to the unstable branch, merged into the stable branch, and then into
the current release branch.
* Only Jira issues with Fix version 8.8.2 and priority "Blocker" will delay
a release candidate build.

Thanks,
Mike
Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,

I wish to get https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15288 in, but will
likely be able to wrap up by 2 April or so (on vacation right now due to
the festival of Holi)

Regards,
Ishan

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Ishan,

Thank you for bringing this up. I’m comfortable delaying an extra week to
accommodate the multitude of holidays (Holi, Passover, others) coming up.

I will adjust my schedule to start the vote Tuesday, Apr 6.

Please make sure that all back ports are appropriately marked with
fixVersion in Jira and have corresponding CHANGES entries.

Mike

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
I'd like to backport Lucene-9870 which is a bug in distance queries that
causes no matches along indexed lines and polygon edges. This fix
only touches one class tho so very low risk.
lucene

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
You mentioned maybe re-publishing the Ref Guide in one of the issues, do you still want to do that? If so, I should backport URL changes for the project split (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15212) - it won’t be a problem for me to do that before the end of this week.

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,

I’d like to back port LUCENE-9744 (which fixes an NPE in intervals queries) and LUCENE-9762 (which fixes a bug in QueryValuesSource).

Thanks, Alan

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Ignacio, Alan - I have looked at the patches and these should be safe to
backport and useful in a bugfix. Please go ahead and commit, and update
CHANGES entry as well.

Cassandra - yes, I plan to republish the ref guide, your expertise is
absolutely appreciated. It looks like there will also be some gradle->ant
translation. Was this mostly find-and-replace or was there more order to it?

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Mike,
I'd like to backport SOLR-15216 (UI Fix)

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
I pushed up the URL changes I mentioned.

Not sure what you mean, Mike, by “gradle->ant translation”? The build process is different in branch_8x but it’s documented in the how-to-contribute page in the ref guide that talks about contributing and building, etc.

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
I feel kind of weird about this one, is there a slightly less minimal patch
that is still reasonably safe and would let us continue to avoid
problematic terminology?

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Thanks, Cassandra. When I skimmed the initial changeset, I saw that there
were changes to build.gradle - I assumed that there would have to be some
changes to build.xml in the 8x branch, but I didn't investigate further on
how they would differ. Was just trying to be helpful and give you a heads
up about it, but looks like I caused more confusion than help!

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Oh, I see what you meant! I actually just redid the changes from scratch instead of trying to backport the 9.0 changes as a patch, so no worries on that front. Thanks for thinking of me there though!

I just committed some changes for morelikethis.adoc that I decided I’d like to backport into branch_8_8 since we’re re-publishing…it’s docs-only, though.

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,

LUCENE-9870 has been backported, Thanks!

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
LUCENE-9744 and LUCENE-9762 are both backported.

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
I am going to start building the 8.8.2 RCs and running some tests locally
before the vote. Please hold on further commits to branch_8_8, or let me
know that I need to restart the builds if we find something critical in the
next few hours.

Re: Bugfix release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 [ In reply to ]
I will reenable Jenkins.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler