Mailing List Archive

Has anyone seen this exception
We have integrated lucence into our company product.
The indexes are pretty active, in the sense we have
parallel indexing and searching going on our indexes.
We suddenly started seeing this exception. Any help
would be appreciated.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /index/_5eyl.fnm (No
such file or directory)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native
Method)
at
java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:93)
at
java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:138)
at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream$Descriptor.<init>(FSDirectory.java:253)
at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.<init>(FSDirectory.java:261)
at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openFile(FSDirectory.java:210)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.<init>(FieldInfos.java:78)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:103)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:379)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:363)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeMergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:352)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:224)

Thank you
VS

Re: Has anyone seen this exception [ In reply to ]
I have seen this exception, we get it when
optimization happed to stop in the middle. and we try
to run the optimization again. Searches run fine.

I even tried deleting the problematic segment from the
segemtns file but it somehow recreates it and start
looking for it again..

Re: Has anyone seen this exception [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the response.

YEs, Even we tried to delete the problematic segment
and it seems to recreate it. Again searches work fine.
But you cannot index to this index.

So if we want to index to this, I guess the only
option is to rebuild this index.

Thanks
V S