Mailing List Archive

Forward Index in Lucene?
Hello Everyone,

I'm a student at MIT working on an information-management tool called
Haystack as part of my masters thesis. Our project needs to incorporate
both searching and document classification. Lucene works well for the
searching part, but poorly for document classification; searching requires
an inverted index, while we need a regular old forward index to do document
clustering, etc.

It's pretty simple to build a forward index -- I've already done that part
-- but I just thought that I would e-mail this list and ask if anyone has
done anything similar or thought of extending Lucene to efficiently support
both types of indexes.

- Mark