Mailing List Archive

(VERY COOL IDEA) Re: Interesting idea
Very cool Cool! Might make Lucene into a useful plugin for James too.

-Andy

Re: (VERY COOL IDEA) Re: Interesting idea [ In reply to ]
--- "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:
> Very cool Cool! Might make Lucene into a useful plugin for James
> too.

_That_ (James plugin) is what I have been thinking about lately and was
wondering why nobody wrote it already.

Otis

Re: (VERY COOL IDEA) Re: Interesting idea [ In reply to ]
on 7/8/02 5:06 PM, "Otis Gospodnetic" <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:
>> Very cool Cool! Might make Lucene into a useful plugin for James
>> too.
>
> _That_ (James plugin) is what I have been thinking about lately and was
> wondering why nobody wrote it already.
>
> Otis

I think you guys are missing the point of the idea with integrating Nilsimsa
and Lucene.

Imagine that the index will be a constant size and much smaller (and faster
to search) if you simply save the Nilsimsa hash and then get a nilsimsa
result...

-jon

Re: (VERY COOL IDEA) Re: Interesting idea [ In reply to ]
Yes, I have this same idea floating around for my "copious free time".

But its very similar to what Zoe (see previous posts on this) is, or at
least my ideas of integrating James and Lucene.

Erik

p.s. I hope to get my Ant <index> task finally into the Sandbox later this
week - finally done with the book and life now needs a new purpose! :)

Re: (VERY COOL IDEA) Re: Interesting idea [ In reply to ]
No, I think I know why you thionk it would be cool.
I was just reacting to the word 'plugin' that, combined with the word
'Lucene' triggered the James association in my mind.
Anyhow, nice idea that Nilsimsa.

Otis

Re: (VERY COOL IDEA) Re: Interesting idea [ In reply to ]
No, I get it. Was just thinking.

Re: (VERY COOL IDEA) Re: Interesting idea [ In reply to ]
ditto.