Mailing List Archive

Jakarta Newsletter
Firstly, apologies for the cross post but I wanted your attention (and
conribtutions). Any discussion following that should involve me should
probably go on general@ or cc me directly - the whole point of the
newsletter is that I have niether the time nor the inclination to join all
the -dev lists myself... read on.

The idea is to try and produce a Jakarta Newsletter to let developers know
what has been going on in the other projects, without having to monitor each
of them. Hopefully this will allow people to spot discussions and
subprojects that are important to them but were happening within a foriegn
list, the net result should be better cross-pollination of ideas and
increased awareness through jakarta generally. Enough of the high aims - a
proof of concept issue was put out and discussed on general@
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=general@jakarta.apache.
org&msgId=353518) and so I'm now trying to gather information for a proper
issue #1.

What I'm after is a volunteer from each group to edit together summaries of
the intersting / important discussions within their own group over the
course of June, and send me the result by the end of Sunday. It would be
good (though not essential) if you could let me know that someone will be
taking on the task for your project, so that I can reduce the general
pestering in later mails . Any groups that submit nothing will simply not
feature as I have not got the time to browse and edit the discussions
myself.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

For background regarding the newsletter, check out any/all of the mails
here:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listId=&listName=general@jakar
ta.apache.org&searchText=newsletter&defaultField=subject&Search=Search