[sandbox] appex/search
Just updated the search package in appex project. Also introduced the
Torque-Document bridge as mentioned before. If you use Torque for persisting
objects, its a relatively painless way of materializing objects from
Documents.

Funny how no cvs commit mails were sent to lucene-dev. Are they being sent
elsewhere?

Kelvin

Re: [sandbox] appex/search [ In reply to ]
IIRC, My CVS commit messages went through. From my understanding they
are done locally. Hence if you have no MTA or you do not have
perl/python/whatever the script that sends it is written in, then you
shant send them properly. You should see some kind of error message or
lack of "sending commit message" ...

In my humble and reserved opinon....In general its easiest to install
cygwin (or upgrade to Linux :-) ) and learn to use CVS directly. I'm
not saying you can't use gui tools for it, but that you'll find your
knowledge and proficiency with CVS greatly enhanced by learning to use
it directly.

-Andy

Re: [sandbox] appex/search [ In reply to ]
I see. I definitely did see a bunch of commits from you and Otis. Actually I
did see "Sending commit message", and no error message appeared. It is kinda
odd, IMHO, that its done locally. In fact, isn't it log_info.pl or some
script that performs the diff/whatever else it needs to do, then sends out
the email? And I'm pretty sure this rests server-side. Maybe I'm not
understanding you completely.

Point well taken.

Re: [sandbox] appex/search [ In reply to ]
I'm pretty sure it's done in one of the .../CVSROOT/* scripts.
No mail from you. Maybe it's just sitting in some mail queue
somewhere.

Otis

Re: [sandbox] appex/search [ In reply to ]
Cool. I'll just go on with my commits then.

Re: [sandbox] appex/search [ In reply to ]
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>I'm pretty sure it's done in one of the .../CVSROOT/* scripts.
>No mail from you. Maybe it's just sitting in some mail queue
>somewhere.
>
>Otis

yes CVSROOT/loginfo. And it is server-side, I must be too tired. I had
this argument with someone else and I turned out to be right (that it
was severside).

I'm not sure if this is relevant to Kelvin, but whenever someone becomes
a committer on POI, I (moderator) set them to "allow" the first time or
so they commit. Not sure why.

Anyhow, hope they make it through at some point.

-Andy