could call it final if there are no changes.

Any conflicts?

--Peter

Re: ABOUT TO RELEASE RC5 - CODE FREEZE [ In reply to ]
>If committers could refrain from making more changes for 1 week, I think we
>could call it final if there are no changes.

I just put in a change to the query parser (add support for escaping, wrap
TokenMgrError with ParseException), but if you want to back those off until
next version, that's OK by me too.

--
Brian Goetz
Quiotix Corporation

http://www.quiotix.com

Re: ABOUT TO RELEASE RC5 - CODE FREEZE [ In reply to ]
I think this would be great to have in the final release.

Please also update the CHANGES.txt file.

If you feel confident that these are solid submissions, then I would say
keep them in. I'll try them out myself.

--Peter

Re: ABOUT TO RELEASE RC5 - CODE FREEZE [ In reply to ]
>If you feel confident that these are solid submissions, then I would say
>keep them in. I'll try them out myself.

I wrote a unit test, and the existing queries in the TestQueryParser are
unaffected. That's good enough for me.

Re: ABOUT TO RELEASE RC5 - CODE FREEZE [ In reply to ]
By the way, when running the unit tests for the query parser, I noticed
that some other unit tests (TestWildcard, and one other) fail. You cannot
release anything if the unit tests fail. Now, these might be bugs in the
tests, but someone has to look at these and fix them.

Everyone: our collection of JUnit tests is pitifully small. But please do run
ant test-unit
before checking anything in!

Re: ABOUT TO RELEASE RC5 - CODE FREEZE [ In reply to ]
That bug has been on in Bugzilla for a while.
Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it and don't have enough time to
learn the stuff I'd need to know in order to be able to fix it.
Could you please look at it?

Thanks,
Otis
P.S.
If nobody fixes it we can list it as a known bug.