only "Lucene 1.2 Release Candidate 4 ".

Are they same?

-Murali
Re: Are they same? [ In reply to ]
Yes, I believe this is just a mistake.
You can check it by getting both and comparing them.
You can also get the latest nightly build, as it contains numerous
fixes not present in RC4.
RC5 is also around the corner.

Otis

RE: Are they same? [ In reply to ]
Maybe this is being overlooked - but on the main page where it says "Lucene
v1.02 released - This release repackages Lucene as a product of the Apache
SoftwareFoundation. Download it here...."

is version 1 . 0 2 (one point ZERO two)
while the current release candidate is 1.2 RC4 - (one point two release
candidate four)

I couldn't (easily) find version 1.02 anywhere for download... maybe some
docs need to be updated so the main page doesn't reference version 1.02? Or
is it still the last official release version?

Dan

RE: Are they same? [ In reply to ]
This is from CHANGES:

1.2 RC1 (first Apache release), 2 October 2001:
- packages renamed from com.lucene to org.apache.lucene

1.01b (last Sourceforge release), 2 July 2001
. a few bug fixes

So...............I'm not sure :)
In any case, the new release will be version 1.2 and Peter is about to
put 1.2 RC5 up.

Otis