Mailing List Archive

not public abtract methods
Hello,
when I wrote a subclass of Searcher (ManagedSearcher mentioned in my previous mail) I faced a problem in org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher:
it has package protected abtract methods such as:
abstract TopDocs search(Query query, Filter filter, int n)
throws IOException;

Why? That means: you can't create subclass of Searcher only on org.apache.lucene.search package.

Can you modify this to be public or protected?

The abtract methods:
public abstract void search(Query query, Filter filter, HitCollector results)
throws IOException;

/** Frees resources associated with this Searcher. */
public abstract void close() throws IOException;

public abstract int docFreq(Term term) throws IOException;
public abstract int maxDoc() throws IOException;
public abstract TopDocs search(Query query, Filter filter, int n)
throws IOException;

/** For use by {@link HitCollector} implementations. */
public abstract Document doc(int i) throws IOException;

thanks,
peter